This page aims to help reviewers to familiarise themselves with the Journal’s review criteria of the manuscript assessment form. Information is divided into three parts: a general introduction, the review criteria themselves, and some general comments and concerns. All of these come with a brief video. Please click on the links below to access the relevant article.
Please click here to access the general introduction.
- The manuscript’s discussion of social work values and/or ethics
- The introduction’s statement of the manuscript’s objective(s)
- The manuscript’s discussion of the literature on the subject matter
- The manuscript’s presentation of a conceptual framework
- The manuscript’s presentation of original ideas
- If the manuscript includes a replication of prior research, assess it
- The quality of the manuscript’s organization
- The overall clarity of the writing (e.g., syntax, grammar, spelling, and punctuation)
- The author’s use of correct/appropriate terminology related to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression
- The manuscript’s discussion of relevant limitations
- The manuscript’s cross-cultural applicability
General Comments and Concerns
Please click here to access the general comments and concerns.