The International Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics examines the ethical and values issues that affect and are interwoven with social work practice, research, and theory development. The JSWVE addresses ethical and values issues that encompass the full range of social problems and issues that social workers encounter. The journal provides necessary historical perspectives on the development of social work values and ethics and presents articles examining values and ethical dilemmas stemming from state-of-the-art developments.
Manuscripts submitted to the journal should be relevant to the mission of the JSWVE, which focuses on areas such as:
- Development of models for analyzing and resolving values and ethical conflicts
- Discussion of ethical and values dilemmas related to the development of new technologies
- Research studies on the influence of values and ethics in social work practice decision-making and in agency program development
- Examples of good practice that clearly highlight ethical and values considerations
- Theoretical articles that explain the origin, development, and evolution of social work values and ethics
- Reviews and analyses of scholarly and practice books, monographs, and articles on social work values and ethics