The International Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics examines the ethical and values issues that impact and are interwoven with social work practice, research and theory development. IJSWVE addresses ethical and value issues that encompass the full range of social problems and issues that social workers encounter. The journal provides the necessary historical perspectives on the development of social work values and ethics, as well as present articles providing value and ethical dilemmas stemming from state-of-the-art developments.
The International Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics focuses on areas such as:
- Development of models for analyzing and resolving value and ethical conflicts.
- Discussion of ethical and value dilemmas related to the development of new technologies.
- Research studies on the influence of values and ethics in social work practice decision-making and in agency program development.
- Examples of good practice that clearly highlight ethical and value considerations.
- Theoretical articles that explain the origin, development and evolution of social work values and ethics.
- Reviews and analyzes scholarly and practice books, monographs, and articles written on the topic of social work values and ethics.